Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rebirth

The squall slams against the brick,
Torrents wreck both dirt and sea.
These nights cut me to the quick,
Blankets feign to comfort me…

Comparable to the hostilities
Of tempers gone awry.
Cracks harbor incivilities-
Darkness creeps in as I cry.

These sheets dissolve my world away.
I lose myself in every splash.
To be reborn within the fray
Is to absorb each crippling thrash

Then pulverize my ineptitude!
Obliterate my strife!
Power at such magnitude
Is sure to transform my life.

Every whaling, howling gust,
Every bolt that punctures me,
A metamorphic shift I must
Let penetrate and embody.

I purge myself of every weakness,
Purified by my annihilation
With coming dawn- no lin'gring meekness
My new self radiates exhilaration.

No comments:

Post a Comment