Monday, February 3, 2014

Tribute to the Slam

I push and pull, push and pull, push and pull.

And you try to stay still, and you try just to chill;
But I try to let go and I try not to show
That my iron resolve just begins to dissolve
'Cause your touch makes me weak as a flat-lining beat.

BLEEP... Bleep... bleep...

And you and they, you and she, you and I

Move along with great care, most of us unaware
Of the way that we cope: choking on hangman's rope.
Though we all suffocate, not a one so irate
As to flail and to fight her way back to the light.

CREAK... Creak... creak...

We swing and sway, swing and sway, swing and sway.

While my innards do churn, it's for you that I burn,
For the mess of my life that would come from this knife.
Just contact with that pout, you'd gift me my way out,
You would set me ablaze with your hellish heat rays.

pop... Pop... POP!

No comments:

Post a Comment