Wednesday, June 5, 2013

You're Beautiful

Just shut up, you're beautiful.
I dunno why you don't know.
Shut your mouth- you're beautiful.
I love you so.

Galaxies within your sight,
Aliens inside your soul,
Stop me gawking, shut 'em tight!
I'm like a kid with a fishbowl.

And you, my fish, are beautiful.

You told me you don't wanna feel-
Neutrality is glorious.
Wars are fought with anger's seal
And love is just erroneous.

Not because it's purely wrong-
Life just works in opposites.
If there's good, it's not too long
Before the bad's deposited.

And bad, you say,  ain't merited.

Well, if you reach neutrality,
What would be it's counterpoint?
Would you spend eternity
With empty moves and useless points?

I'll take life's blows with every kiss,
I'll taste each tear with every laugh.
If you're along for all of this,
I'll take the bounty and the chaff.

You, my love, are worth all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment