Friday, July 8, 2011

Bring on the Rain

You made it a hot, humid day
Your silky beams streaming fevered sighs
They're melting into gray
My crystal rays shoot chills as I rise.

A static shock!
Clouds wrap 'round us trapping heat.
Winds howl their playful mock
Of my resolve trickling 'way at your feet.

Chorus 1
So bring on the rain
To melt the ice and cool the blaze-
So lonely it's insane
Without your love to ease this craze.

The mist is floating down
Stray drops crash abrupt caress
Dampen the eager ground
Pulses race in sheer unrest...

Melding into your space.
Yes you steam into me.
And your kiss leaves a trace
Of what is gonna be

Chorus 2
Please bring on the rain.
We need celestial relief.
Hear our refrain
We need to dissipate this grief.

Then down comes the flood,
Raging coursing of blood,
The thunder roars as the water pours
And the lightning smites all my lingering fights...

We're drenched in our love (Repeat)

No comments:

Post a Comment