Monday, August 22, 2011

To Be a Child Again

If I blind myself and stretch my limbs
I see the stars behind my lids
And just a smidgen of the rims
Of the specs we wore as kids

It's so nice to recognize
Such a shot of history
To get lost inside the eyes
Of the folks we used to be

So please let me....

Observe the glow
Of the firefly
That treads below
The grass so high

And wonder what
It'd be to own
A lit up butt
In my pantalón

Then hear the bell
Of an ice cream truck
And feel the swell
Of such great luck

Cuz George Washington
Sits in my pocket
Begin to grin
Bolt like a rocket

To buy my treat
And wolf it down
Rest my bare feet
Upon the ground

See rolly pollies
And lady bugs
They are so jolly
I give them hugs!

To be child
Without a care
To just run wild
Energy to spare!

It'd just be grand
To understand
Imagination
First hand...

Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh

To be a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment