Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday Morning

Upon a Sat'day mornin'
As I rise to the cock groanin'
And the dogs yappin,
And the birds flappin'
And the cats mewin'
And the tea fumin'...

You all rest your weary eyes.
Mine keep to yellin' bloodshot cries!

No rest for the zealous,
No easin' the jealous
Rampages within
When I'm dy'n to get in
To my bed....
Nurse my achin' head....

Temples drum a cadence grand-
Inside my head- a percussive band!

So if I could take a bat,
Hunt you down as you lay flat
Upon your back, fast asleep,
And over to you I could creep,
To pound you to your noxious doom
In your peacef'lly quiet room...

I wouldn't-
As I'm a Christian woman
But you shouldn't
Cease rememb'rin'
Sat'day morning snoozies
(Oh, they sho' are doozies!)
Aren't to be taken for granted
(Sometimes our views are slanted)

As not everyone gets those.
You can see that I should know!

No comments:

Post a Comment